- “Coaching and Feedback” – ACS Leadership Development System™ Course
- Learn how to coach each volunteer, team member, and employee to achieve their objectives and reach their highest potential. May 18, from 8 AM to 12 PM in Ballroom D.
- “Finding Your Pathway” – ACS Career Pathways™ Course
- This is a carefully researched and designed program that helps you find a career pathway and a job in the chemical sciences that’s right for you. In this workshop you will learn about the four main career pathways available to chemical professionals: higher education, industry, government, and entrepreneurial careers and why each one may or may not be the right choice for you. May 20, from 8 AM to 12 PM in Room 10.
- “ACS Career Fair – Resume Review”
- Individual Resume Reviews, by appointment. The appointments will be arranged for Friday afternoon, May 20. Appointments should be made at the Registration Desk.
- “Chemical Safety”
- Attend a panel discussion of individuals that are responsible for the safety of our academic chemistry departments. Learn of the successes and failures in their programs”. If you would like to be a direct participant on this panel please contact Dr. David Smithrud at firstname.lastname@example.org. Held May 20 from 1:30PM to 5:30PM in Room 5.
- “Professional Development Workshop- You have your Degree: Now What?”
- Presenter, Joel Shulman, covers following topics: Employment Landscape for Chemists - compare/contrast industry, academe, government jobs Job Search, Resume/CV writing, Cover Letters; Interviewing Best Practices & Performance Factors. This workshop is held on Saturday, May 21, from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM in Room 1. If you have not pre-registered, you may register at the Registration Desk at the meeting. The cost of this workshop is $15.00 to cover material expenses.
- “Rediscover UC-Chemistry - Honoring the Legacy of Dr. Joseph Caruso”
- This event is held Thursday, May 19, from 4PM to 7PM in Room 10. You need not register for this event and friends of the University of Cincinnati are welcome to attend without registration for the Regional Meeting. For more info contact email@example.com.
- “Bruker Optics Workshop”
- This workshop is held on Thursday, May 19, from 10:00AM to 12:00 in Room 10. You need not register for the Regional Meeting to attend this workshop. Registration for this workshop is available at the Bruker Exhibit or by contacting Jaclyn.Scanlon@bruker.com. There is no cost for this workshop.
- “Praxair Workshop”
- This workshop is held on Thursday, May 19, from 1:00PM to 3:00PM in Room 10. You need not register for the Regional Meeting to attend this workshop. Registration for this workshop is available at the Praxair Exhibit or by contacting Roza_Vilner@praxair.com. There is no cost for this workshop.
- “Sci Tech Next Generation: A Hands-on Workshop for Elementary & Middle School Teachers”
- with Regina Malczewski (ACS Midland Section) presents this session at Xavier University, Logan Hall on Saturday, May 21, 8:30-12:00. Registration is required for the Regional ACS Meeting at a special teacher’s rate of $25. Generous Travel Grants are available for those traveling more than 100 miles! Contact Lynn Hogue.
- A number of workshops are being offered in conjunction with the 2016 Central Regional Meeting.